MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY MATTE INK SWATCHES

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY MATTE INK SWATCHES

Maybelline super stay ink swatches

Hey all, welcome back!
I recently stopped by my local Shoppers Drug Mart to mail off a few things, of course had to do a quick little walk around to see what was new in cosmetics and came across these! Meanwhile, my boyfriend is trying to pry me away from the stand because he knows its about to be trouble for him lol! Everytime we go to any drug store/Walmart, its the same "I hope your not buying more makeup" boy blab - back off buster lol! 

They had 2 available for in-store swatching and really enjoyed how pigmented they swatched and dried down. They scent is SO yummy, as it smells like delicious vanilla cupcakes - so good! They were on sale for $9.99, originally $12.99 and decided to redeem optimum points for these since I rarely ever redeem my points, they just keep racking up but it's definitely not a bad problem to have.

Down below are my inner arm swatches: I usually gravitate towards nudes but couldn't pass up Romantic - such a beautiful bright pink!

Maybelline super stay ink swatches

The applicator wand made it SO easy to apply without the use of lipliner which I always pair with liquid lipsticks - huge plus in my books! I was able to get super precise lines without making a mess and having it bleed all over the place. 

Maybelline super stay ink swatches

I purchased these in the evening so I didn't get a chance to do a full day wear test, but I did however try on Romantic as soon as I got home. I wanted to see how it felt on the lips and wore. I will say, it did dry down a bit tacky but it's nothing lip balm can't fix. I waited a while thinking the tackiness would go away but it didn't. I'm personally not a huge fan of a 'sticky-tacky' finish but the colour and the way it applied was enough to make me not care hah! I did the kiss test to the back of my hand + white paper and no transfer! NO TRANSFER! I haven't tried a drug store liquid lipstick in a long time but if this is the way drug store makeup is evolving, where have I been? I need to stop drug store liquid lipsticks more often! 

Down below isn't my photo (photo cred: click here) but wanted to share the rest of the colours this line offers - a total of 10, not bad! 

Have you tried any of these? If so, I'm curious to hear your thoughts down below!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back in my next post <3

P.S - I rarely post makeup related things and really want to start getting into it more often as I equally love makeup as I do nail polish! What do you guys think? Is this something that would interest my readers? Let me know =)

----------








0 comments

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts