NAIL TECH CERTIFIED!!!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

NAIL TECH CERTIFIED!


I've always been an artsy type of gal, but my niche was within nails/nail art. I've been self taught for over 10 years and I've definitely come a long way from where I began. I always felt painting my nails and creating unique nail art was so much fun and am always happiest when I'm doing something creative. Over the years I've worked an assortment of various jobs and always felt they weren't for me. I'm not the type of person to sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and would find myself always staring at the clock for the end of the day. I feel if your working a job that your not passionate about, whats the point? We have one life and why not do what you love? No matter what it is; cooking? designing? dancing? whatever it is .. GO FOR IT! I want to wake up in the mornings and be motivated to go to work and do my thing! When people ask me how I'm doing, I want to be able to respond with "just living the dream!". It took me longer to figure out what I truly wanted as a career choice and knew this was the right path for me.

The nail tech course ran for 2 weeks which included; acrylic, gel and shellac application. I've been self taught as far as natural nails go, so all the other stuff was new to me. It's definitely going to take some practice to get used to the techniques but practice makes perfect. I ordered a practice hand online, and once that comes in, I'll be hibernating practicing away! I'll share some of my progress photo's, mind you its nothing amazing but hey! Just to go into some more detail about the length of the class; it's part time at only 2 days a week, which equals to 4 classes total. It's a lot of info to take in within such a short time, but I feel the course was well worth it.

LAST DAY OF CLASS


The last day of class we were asked to bring in a model to perform a shellac manicure on natural nails. I bought in a friend of mine as she usually gets gel manicures and had great nails to work with! 

Products used: CND Shellac in Tartan Punk along with the pairing base and topcoat. I also went ahead and added a stamped image as per her request using Uber Chic stamping plate 9-03. Used Konad white stamping polish and the Born Pretty Store clear jelly stamper.

How to add a stamped image to gel polish:
  • Shellac base coat  and cure
  • 1 thin coat of shellac polish and cure
  • 2nd thin coat of shellac polish, cure and remove sticky layer 
  • Stamp image to the nail, follow with shellac topcoat and cure



--

3RD DAY OF CLASS 

On the 3rd day of class I was partnered with a classmate and applied a french tip + an acrylic over lay. Working with acrylic will be challenging as it'll take some getting used to finding the perfect monomer too powder ratio. Monomer is the liquid that is used with the powder to create 'acrylic'. I actually enjoyed using these products as it's an odorless option vs more common acrylic. It's a more expensive alternative but worth not inhaling harmful fumes. Excuse the poor photo quality as this day I didn't have my proper camera with me as I used my cell phone to snap this. 


---

2ND DAY OF CLASS


Again, I appologize for the poor image quality as these were quickly snapped with my cell phone lol. This is a natural tip +  a builder gel overlay application. Working with natural tips vs french involves a little more work, but the end result can be rather beautifully if done correctly. I can't say my work is perfect, but I feel for my first time its not entirely bad! The nail looks quite natural and has such a gorgeous high gloss shine.


---

1ST DAY OF CLASS

I was partnered up with a classmate to do a nail form + builder gel overlay application. I found it quite difficult getting used to applying forms under the nail properly. I really wanted to get used to working with forms vs tips as forms are more customizable. Forms can work with 99% of nails despite condition, where as forms they are pre-shaped and tips may not work for all clients given very small nail beds and other various reasons. This application was my least favorite out of the 4 I've done in class, but hey practice makes perfect right? Again, sorry about the poor photo quality LOL


---

All in all I really enjoyed my course and met some really cool people! It's always good networking and meeting new people with alike interests. I was given a kit with all tools needed for all these, so I can continue to practice. I'm currently taking the manicure course which lasts for 5 weeks, and I'll be doing an update post upon completion :)

P.S - I haven't written a post in a while due to a creative block. I figured I'd take whatever time I needed off to try and come up with content with depth vs just putting out whatever. I really do enjoy blogging and am not a half ass person!

See ya soon!







1 comments

  1. I looove reading about people taking nail tech courses! It's so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts